The 2021 Conference was the 3rd of its kind pursuant to the resolve from the first and second held in 2019 and 2020 respectively to effect that this would be an annual event. Despite all the challenges that came with the effects of the Covid19 pandemic in 2020, we managed to hold a successful conference within the guidelines set by government. This conference, like the previous events was set on a Regional platform, drawing participation from colleagues within the East African Region.
THEME : “NAVIGATING RISK IN TODAY’S CHANGING WORLD”
The underlying tenets of this theme are to rediscover the global landscape; economic, geo-political, social and environmental and challenge the relevance of insurance as a viable risk management option.
Alhaj Ibrahim Kaddunabbi LubegaC E O Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda. Guest of Honor
- Recent events/developments that have disrupted communities globally.
- Trends to watch for the future survival of enterprise. (Regionalization, globalization,technology, disease/pandemics, etc.)
- Challenges for the policy makers.
- Insurance and risk management options.
- The new customer.
- Building resilience for today’s industry leaders – Dr. Ben Kajwang
- Regulatory supervision for consumer confidence – Mr. Bernard Obel
- Managing the pandemic impact on employees – Mrs. Grace Kiwanuka
- The Consumers Perspective – Dr. Doris Mwesigire Mutabazi
- Vote of thanks/closing remarks from Chairman, Uganda Insurers Association. – Mr. Latimer Mukasa
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
- To provide a platform for discussion of today’s risks and formulate effective resolutions.
- To increase the visibility of Insurance as a risk management tool in today’s changing landscape.
- To highlight today’s ultimate covid19 crisis management checklist for employers.
- To promote cohesion and enhance collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- To promote professionalism within the Institutional sectors. This event may be accredited as a
Certified CPD event.